Sunday, August 11, 2013

To Kill a Mockingbird

It is seldom for me to find a book I actually enjoy reading, yet To Kill A Mockingbird actually captured my attention. It conveyed an important message of equality. Segregation was a major problem during this time period. Throughout the story, main characters like Atticus Finch taught his children to disagree with and fight against discrimination. He proved to be open-minded by participating in a trial, as a lawyer who defended a wrongly accused black male.  To Kill A Mockingbird also depicted a strong family dynamic between a single father and his two children. Innocence is also a strong reoccurring theme. It appealed to me how Harper Lee stressed the value of ones innocence is and how quickly it can be taken away by evil. Ideas of purity were wisely symbolized to a mockingbird. This allowed mystery to linger within the novel especially when regarding Arthur “Boo” Radley, the neighborhood “mockingbird” who allowed children’s imaginations to run wild. I would recommend To Kill A Mockingbird to anyone because it is an ideal book to read.  It contains complex situations that make one eager to read on. Since reading and I do not get along, I was quite surprised that I enjoyed reading To Kill A Mockingbird.




No comments:

Post a Comment