Sunday, March 30, 2014

Unnecessary Baggage

         The necessities in life revolve around common items that include food, clothes and shelter. A big sum of the world’s population is fortunate enough to acquire these necessities and additional luxuries as well. We are reminded of those who do not have the capability to have such opulence, and it comes to a point where we must ask ourselves, “Do I really need this?” Decluttering needless items from one’s life can alter a person’s existence entirely. I have a few belongings that should be gotten rid of from my life. Throughout my academic career, I have kept an abundance of books that I have read once and will never read again. This would be the first example of inventory I can lessen. Objects like neglected CD’s and video games, extra pairs of shoes that I haven’t worn in years, and shirts that I refuse to give away hoping that one day I will wear them are all excess substances in my life that I can dispose of easily. On the other hand, I will never get rid of or discard my computer, cell phone, or TV. Unfortunately, I have become a helpless victim that has been submerged in a world filled with technological advancements and could not envision a life without it.

                  VS.

No comments:

Post a Comment